Friday, March 4, 2016

Student conversations are the best! EES

Two third graders were sitting with me in art today, having the following conversation:

Student A: Did you know that you have this thing in your brain called an umbilical cord?

Student B [rolling eyes, like it was obvious]: Yes, I know.

Me: Huh?  Um, that's the thing that connects mamas and babies before they are born. It was where your belly button is now.

Student A [irritated]: No.  Not that umbilical cord Mrs. Elliott. The other one. The one in your brain.  You know, it's the one that connects your brain to your imagination.


Oh. My. Goodness. Sometimes I think my heart will burst with my love for children.
 Thanks for sharing them with me!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being the kind of teacher that listens carefully to children! We all can learn so much from them when we hear what they're saying!

    ReplyDelete